"You say you want a revolutionWell you know
We'd all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We'd all want to change the world..."
-The Beatles
It is interesting what comes up on our iTunes during shuffles. Even more what then God uses to bring a topic to mind. Revolution a word that has sprouted up in the countless streams (Denominations) among Christianity. For instance Revolution of love, Revolution of prayer, Revolution of church, Revolution of worship, yet as a believer what does it all mean. I have seen a great deal of emotion run forth full of tears, cheers and screaming; time spent on meetings and classes; and energy pushed into these Revolutions. I have seen the Christian music and book industry make billions off of them. So here I sit thinking about what it all means. What has come of all this believers investments. From an non objective viewer that I want to say nothing.
Still Revolution and Revival always grab me because Jesus embody both. As I have been journeying through the gospels I have seen a stark difference to what Jesus said and the countless things we hear preached on. The real revival will come when we understand and follow what he said. There are so many thing we have ignored and forgotten because pay someone to tell us how to apply the scriptures to our lives. Don't get me wrong I believer in preaching and teaching being that I love to teach, still we have a responsibility to the God we love to read and seek out the mysteries in the Word and world he has left for us to find him. In doing the I honestly believe our lives will be come a movement, a revival and a revolution the will not only change the world and rock its foundations but also get us killed for the cause of Christ. You say you want a revolution, well you know...
Till next time ponder, dream, grow and image.
No comments:
Post a Comment