
This blog is my favorite to write. Why you might ask? Simple it a where I can be most free with my thoughts. Few freedoms are are precious as being able to voice ones inner dialogue in writing. Maybe thats why I like being a writer and poet that creating, crafting, forging stories. Recently I have been wrapping my mind around the story of Doctor Who and when I get caught up in good sci-fi I can always here the Holy Spirit teaching. You will see me write this many times that stories are how God speaks to me.
Back to The Doctor and more specifically him regenerating. The term regeneration (also known as renewal) is an ability exhibited by Time Lords, a race from the planet Gallifrey that allows a Time Lord who is old or mortally wounded to undergo a transformation into a new physical form and a somewhat different personality. In other words a new face and slightly different persona. I find this as a good metaphor for what a health Christian walk does to us daily. For it is written:
"And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." ( Luke 9:23-24 ESV)
In other words as we are crucified and reborn with Christ daily and we are renew our minds in the study of the word are we not regenerated. Does the work of the Holy Spirit in us no change our persona, actions and how we view life. Do we not change retain all our memories. The exterior appearance may not change, but the spirit man which will one day be more real to us then we are now will and that is that part of us the is regenerating. A strange idea yes. Still I think many people can attest that I am not the same person they met years ago. This process can be rough and sometimes even frightening. And if you have ever watch Doctor who it can be full of light and fire.
I know I have taken you on a small journey that has been a bit kooky. I know its a bit nerd but this is who God teaches me. He might take you to here by a different road, story, experience or life process. Still the out come the same, more like him less like me till I am back to what I was created to be. I have words for the my dear fictional Doctor Who, whom I have grow some affection towards. It is simply this "Regeneration, oh Doctor, my dear Time Lord, a Christian understands that more then any other human."
Till next time... ponder, dream, grow and imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment