Gonna Knock On The Sky and Listen To The Sound.-Flynn (Tron Legacy)
The image that comes to mind is prayer. Jesus said "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." (Luke 11:9 NLT)
All these apply to our everyday. From looking for a job, seeking health, financial security. Pray is the stitching that holds it all together. Now I know there are countless books on the subject. From How to Pray for Dummies to How to Pray in Power and Might to How to Pray for the right Job. Let me help simplify it for you. Knock on the Sky and Listen to the Sound. In other words ask, talk, yell and get it out then, here is the key, listen. You want to make it a bit easier listen and write down what you hear. If you think its your own voice in your head or wandering thoughts once its on paper you can come back to it and check. Compare it to the words and your own thoughts before hand.
Nothing is simpler then pray. Praying in tongues (if you have the gift) boils down to you just opening your mouth and letting the Holy Spirit use your vocal chords to talk to God. I mean in that equation you you get the blessing as the Holy Spirit does all the requesting. Even then I find that listening afterwards will yield more then just getting to it and then leaving once you closed your mouth.
Look at it this way the creator of the universe wants to sit and talk with you. Have a spot of tea if you will and catch up. Like father and son having a beer together. If its a nice day and you like beer you could try that one. Still that is what prayer simply is, us communicating and spending time with God. If "the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend" (Exodus 33:11 ESV). How much more does he desire to speak to you?
For me I am working at getting better with this. Sometimes I only speak to him while driving. Other times I am in the shower. Still others only before bed time. And yet other only on a whim from my heart. (You know those silent prayers and wishes in your head you think no one hears, God does.) Recently I am reading some books on prayer because I like to see how other people talk to God and how God responds. Its like trading stories with your siblings when you spent alone time with your parents. Those who don't have siblings its like trading stories about spend time with a star or hero with your best friend. As for me God speaks through me sometimes through stories or movies as he did today. I have said this before I know but it bears repeating. The quote above is the evidence of that.
Anyway try praying and listen. As a matter of fact try to listen at all times. It is as important as praying at all times. And remember what John said in his first letter Test the Spirits, don't believe everything you hear. (I paraphrased it. Check 1 John 4:1) This way you can work on hearing the shepherd's voice and discerning. Keen as foxes gentle as lambs.
Till next time Ponder, Dream, Grow and Imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment