Friday, May 10, 2013

A Time Of Shattered Reflection

The mind plays funny tricks. One minute things are solid and the path in front of you clear as a mountain top view. Then next moment you seem to be falling towards wonderland fog around you and strange odds and ends floating past you. Well that is how I feel anyway. I am going on three weeks of recovery from my wisdom teeth being pulled and it seems I am healing slower then Wolverine does in his up and coming movie.

Lately God has been drudging up old pieces of me from the bottom of the ocean of my soul. Through music, literature, television shows all of it like small mirrors showing reflections of me throughout my growth. Wether this is to show me how much I changed or to integrate them into who I am becoming I do not know. Lately my mind has been a thousand melodies surrounding me with no clue to which one is the song. I know that does not make much sense to you, the the analogy is for me more then you the reader. I also like the way it sounds.

As a believer in Christ I know I am changing and growing and if I think I am not my wife periodically reminds me so. Still I know I change by choice, choosing to submit to the create to become who I am created to be. This mysterious change always is befuddling and always a strange mix of sentiment. To be honest I wished more believer when through it. It is not an easy path, nor a fun one, but filled with difficulties that are well worth the reward. I like who I am becoming. I like being more generous then I have ever been. I like being able to be kind and loving like I was as a boy. Still I am more complex the all of those small piece. A thousand reflection with a thousand different faces all me but not. Sounds like something from a story I know.

If you are thoroughly confused or you understand then I have done justice to my predicament. If you understand all the better. In the end change comes to us all I am just glad I put it in the hands who knows me better then I know myself. God is a wonderful tinkerer.

Till next time Ponder, Dream, Grow, and Imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment