Friday, June 7, 2013

The Whirlpool Samba


Imagine swirling water. Patches of clear water mingled with splotches of  murkiness with a foaming center telling a story about the forces earth and water colliding in nature. Did you capture it. The chaos, the funnel, the beauty and the confusion? That my friends would be how my mind and heart are in their current state of growth. Can you relate? Or can you feel the energy involve. As of recently God has been teaching me so much. Correcting me on theology, showing me insight into the Word, teaching me about his creation through science, convicting my heart, trudging up the ugliness still there and helping to discover the importance of witnessing. 

All of this combined with financial peril, job insecurity, and growing as a husband and father has made life a bit much. Still I know I was put here to change the world no matter how small the change. I will tell some days I want to get depressed, or sleep, or maybe get in the car and drive till the gas tank empties then start walking. Of course the only viable option is sleep on that list but proverbs says too much of that leads to ruin. No most days I look and the mirror remember the seven decision and choose to smile. It is not easy let me tell you. But I made a vow to myself the night before I got married to become a better man each day for God and my wife. I will hold to that vow no matter the pain, changes or challenges that besmirch my path. 

That being said I read another book by Andy Andrews Called the Lost Choice. An Amazing read that I am going to ruin for you by give you the most inspiring part of it at the end of my Blog. Still sometimes knowing such and importance piece of knowledge will force you the reader to want to find out how we got there. 

“I made you different from the others. On the planet Earth, there has never been one like you…and there never will be again. Your spirit, your thoughts and feelings, your ability to reason - all exist in no one else.

Your eyes are a masterpiece, incomparable, and windows to a soul that is also uniquely yours. A single strand of your hair has been created especially for you. Of the multitudes who have come before you and the multitudes who may follow, not one of them duplicates the formula with which I made you. I made you different from the others. 

The blood that flows through your veins flows through the heart of one whom I have chosen. The rarities that make you one of a kind, my child, are no mere accident or quirk of fate. I made you different in order that you might make a difference. You have been created with the ability to change the world.

Every single choice you make…every single action you take…matters. But remember, the converse is also true. Every choice you do not make…every action you do not take…matters just as much! Your actions cannot be hoarded, saved for later, or used selectively. 

By your hand, millions of lives will be altered, caught up in a chain of events begun by you this very day. But the opposite is true as well. Millions of lives are also altered, caught up in an entirely different chain of events - if you choose to wait. 

You possess the power of choice. Free will. You have been given everything you need to act, but the choice is yours alone. And beginning this very moment, you will choose wisely. Now go. And never feel inadequate again. Do not dwell in thoughts of insignificance or wander aimlessly lost, like a sheep.You are powerful. You matter. And you have been found. You are my choices.
                                              
 Your Father” (page 229-230, The Lost Choice)

Something for you to Meditate on. Ponder if you will.

Till next time Ponder, Dream, Grow, and Imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment