How does one write, sum up, articulate the ebbs and flows of life? Poetry comes to mind but I fear my pen and sometimes my inability to express what I want and how I want. My short stories, I love steampunk but since Jolab's death I have not truly touched the. My pen has plenty of of ink but my words feel like a stuttering mess. Even my worship on my guitar which use to flow so easily seems dammed.
With all that is going on between school, work home and family I have only written academically not out of the lack of desire, but out of the lack of motivation. Instead I find myself in old routines of games, anime and generally wasting time. So this blog is actually me pushing myself. Small steps in the right direction yield larger steps through persistence. There are things I want to do and I must get past my stress, fears of failure, laziness and procrastination. Being this honest with ourselves can either motivate or detour our course.
Panic! At the Disco is coming out with a new album. I bring this up because the last album was released with my friend Shane's death. It makes me reflective. Though I have progressed in some areas in my life the ones I truly have a passion for have been shelved. So here I am trying ever so hard to step up and put them back on the table. Still with so much going on I know this requires discipline. When I get to heaven I don't want to regret no doing all the things I was called to.
I want to leave you with this. Recently a major event happened that has put my family in a tough spot. I correlates with me seeking the Lord in faith over finances (I am holding on to promises made by God to me.) As this event unfolded I was like what am I going to do? God's response to me gave me peace and shook me at the same time He said "Are you still going to believe in my promises? Are you going to lose faith?" I stood there stunned. God was calling me out. As I have been challenging him God actually challenged me back. Now this excites me because I felt that God has not been this direct with me in so long that I felt it was a break through. Still now I have to meet the challenge and keep on nagging God like Honi the Circle Drawer. I cling to him.
I know this might seem a bit everywhere but I am trying to move again and it takes time. So thank you for your patients. Till next time Ponder, Dream, Grow and Imagine....

No comments:
Post a Comment