Been a good deal of time since I posted. With so many things move and fluxing in my life I just have not found the words to share with you. Sometimes we must wait for the ink of the soul together words so that we can write them down. I have come to a place were the loss and challenges in my life have become constant launching points for my soul to grow. This of course is not pain less but that has drawn me to a place to rely on The Lord.
I remember many lessons on the importance of community and church attendance but that is so small a part of the walk as a whole. Being a follower of Christ is relationship with him. That means whereever you are at. It does not happen just in the confines of our small villages (churches). Now do not put word in my mouth, I am not saying not to go to church or participate. What I am saying is the participating in life is the goal, being salt to the world around you.
That sometimes could mean missing a church service or four or five to hang our with people who do not go. Or visit someone who you have not seen. Or even go somewhere and dare I say witness. Many of us want a safe Christianity that is defined by church, charity and mission trips and I challenge that very thought saying that our walk is way messier then that.
It's funny but since graduating seminary I have not received one invite to speak. What I have done is spoke at parties, work, online or in communications. Sprinkling salt whenever I can, I find joy in speaking about God and would love to speak at a church but who cares the world is a giant pulpit. Our lives are bonfires in this dark cold world so shine and bring life to the dead.
Still I feel inadequate to share all the love and life I have received from God in this season through so much hardship. Anyway I still here. I am always will to share tea and thoughts, teach and worship or just listen. If your reading this you know how to get a hold of me.
Till my next rant Ponder, Dream, Grow and Imagine...

No comments:
Post a Comment