Sunday, April 26, 2015

Chipped...



Chip the glasses, crack the plates!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!
J.R.R. Tolkien


Somedays makes you feel the chips and cracks. We all have them, this world we leave its imprint on us. Life changes a person whether you have Christ or not. Our decisions allow these chips and crack to make us something better or allow it to shatter us. It is in these times that we are reminded of them that we should look at them meditate on who we are and learn from them. I make this sound easy and somewhat spiritual but its not any of those things. It is rough a mental and spiritual workout of the soul and it comes when we are at out weakest.

Who knows when this occurs? It happens at anytime, but one thing is sure it is a time of trial, a gauntlet of the soul. I ponder all this as so many thing have come at me at once. Change has become an intricate part of my life and I have learned to glide on its ebbs and flows as ship upon the wind and sea. Yet, storms come and I am now in that place where I spoke of. There is so much blessing and yet I feel like I am being tossed about. I been meditating on it all, like a jumble or a picture of colors where you are to close to see the image but if you can pull back the image is revealed. I been dreaming dreams. I have been unsettled and unnerved. Maybe it is this place I need to get used to more then any other as a Christian man? I wonder how the other saints maintained? Don't get me wrong I have peace in all this, I have Jesus. Still with all that the waves thrash me about I am lost in thought. 

There is more I wish to say. More to build upon. Yet this is not the place for such words, that is left for a place within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment